Friday, September 01, 2006

September First

Frankie's family is here and I, like the good woman I am, was up at 7:30 making eggs, bacon, pancakes, cinnamon crumb cake, etc. :) Now I've shut myself for a few moments of quiet time before really starting the day.
I must quickly blog about my class last night at SWI. The subject was "Biblical Foundations for Marriage." The professor that spoke talked about how God ordained and planned marriage, and then he went into the "what" of marriage. He talked about: Separation (leave), Permanence (cleave), Unity (two become one), Partnership (helpmeet) and Intimacy (naked and not ashamed). I was convicted by the first one! Separate. He specifically said that we should separate from family and all other previous relationships! Ouch. He said that we are in danger if when we have an argument we call our parents (moms) and complain about our husband (emotional dependency). Also he said there was danger in the comparison game. When you argue with your husband and then think that the ex-boyfriend didn't treat you so bad, and he was really a better guy altogether. He said we start to think that the grass is greener on the other side. But truthfully the grass is greener where we cultivate it! Wow, what a great statement. I do love my husband and I am so blessed to have such a Godly, wonderful husband. I have to start focusing on the 90% that is good and let the 10% that isn't so great fade.
So anyway, the lecture was truly a blessing and offered practical advice for dealing with problems.