Thursday, August 10, 2006

What Frankie misses about being single...

Today Frankie & I went to church about an hour from where my parents live. While we were out, we went out to eat at one of our favorite restaurants...a late birthday present for Frankie. Somehow we started talking about married life. We agreed that it's odd to think that all other possibilities are eliminated. Then he said something really amusing. He said, "There are a few things I miss about being single."
"Such as?" I asked, fully expecting to hear something about possibilites of marrying a more attractive woman or the excitement of a first date or something along those lines.
Bless his heart, his response was, "I really miss books on tape."
It was so hilarious and he was so serious. I thought to myself, well, I can definitely deal with that.
He then went on to explain that when he was single he could listen to biographies whenever he was driving in the car. He feels hampered, I guess, because I don't adore biographies like he does. Although, to my credit, we listened to a little of a book on tape about a five presidents on the way to SC.