Saturday, September 09, 2006

Saturday

The weather here in KY has been so cool lately! I love the wonderful fall weather. Unfortunately, I don't think it will last. Since it's just September, I'm sure we'll have more hot days before it cools off for the year. I hope the weather doesn't jump from hot to cold without several weeks of fall weather. I'm such a seasonal person...I have seasonal moods (I think I remember talking about that in psychology). My spirits can be so transformed just by the weather/temperature. It's very werid.
Yesterday Frankie & I finally broke down and went shopping for me some glasses! I've had a prescription for new glasses since May and just got a pair yesterday. I usually wear contacts and my glasses are several years old. (Not to mention they are crooked...terribly crooked, and I can't see out of them well). I thought I better get a pair I can actually wear and see out of before the baby arrives. I'd like to be able to see her at least! I really like my new glasses. They're much more fashionable than my old pair and I can actually SEE!
One of my greatest fears is blindness. I have such terrible eyesight. I cannot see a foot in front of me without contacts/glasses. I often praise the Lord that we live in an era where contacts/glasses are available! I pray that our daughter manages not to inherit mine & Frankie's poor vision.
Recently I hung a bird eeder on our balcony. It's been there maybe two or three months and not one bird has visited in all that time...until this week! Now we have a dozen visitors at all hours of the day. I really enjoy wathching them. I think I may get carried away...I don't enjoy being such a wildlife/animal fanatic...I just am. Friday I watched as one bird was constantly driven away by a couple of others. They wouldn't let him feed on the feeder. I kept worrying about him, so I ended up placing a bowl of birdseed outside under the feeder. Needless to say, that attracted several birds, but they really made a mess out there! (They all have left a considerable amount of birdpoop everywhere as well). Frankie just rolled his eyes at me. I asked him if he thought I should put water out and he said he thought they knew where to find water. Of course they do...but I thought it might be more convenient for them to have food and water right there together. If we weren't on the second floor I'd put a bird bath out.
Well, that's all the news for today.