Friday, September 29, 2006

End of the Week

Despite continuous use of cocoa butter and expensive lotions, I have acquired stretch marks on my sides/hips. I know this is petty and silly, but it's gross and I do not like it. Pregnancy does such things to the body! Being a nurse, I knew about many physiological changes, but there were many little things I was unprepared for.

The SWI class last night was focused on public speaking, which I definitely do not enjoy or wish to participate in! I actually have to talk to the WMU Sunday about crisis pregnany's in Kentucky. Ironic topic, I know.

Our bank account is dreadfully low because the treasurer (again) forgot to pay Frankie last Sunday. We have $4. God is definitely teaching me so much about His provision and wants versus needs since getting married. As I've mentioned before, I was quite spoiled and got all I desired before marriage. This last year has been drastic for me, but I really feel as though I have (with God's help) handled it so well (so far). I mean, I didn't go to cutting back some, but rather a complete 180 degree change. I really don't find myself envying or being really discontent as often as I thought I would. I mean, I definitely have my moments! But overall, I don't think I've done too terribly bad. Our financial situation here has really shown us that people can get by on so much less!

Speaking of finances, I recently came across a website about adopting internationally. I don't know why but this has been playing over and over in my mind for days now. (Of all times, I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant, but maybe that's why the interest...I don't know). When I was reading the website I found about adoption, I really felt so burdened and such a desire to adopt children from these countries where they really do not have a future at all. I prayed and made a promise to God that if when Frankie and I are out of school and making more money (just enough to be able to afford to adopt), we will. I told Frankie about it and he is 100% in agreement.

The church is giving me a baby shower Sunday. We sitll have just a few more "must haves" before the baby arrives. There aren't many things though, just hats (I didn't realize, but I only have one!), a head support for infants for the car seat, some crib sheets, a sling (not really a must have, but I really want one!), and also some bottles and fillers. I don't yet have a rockingchair and everyone insists that is a must have, but I'm not sure if it is or not.