Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Frankie & I came to SC week before last (Thursday, July 6th). He filled in at North Cheraw on Sunday morning and evening. He ended up going back to KY on Friday but I stayed here. He returned to SC on Monday and he wants to head back to KY tomorrow morning. I'd rather stay until Friday, of course, but I guess I've gotten more time at home that I expected, so I won't push my luck.
During our visit, ate with his sister, Amy and Jody and the twins, as well as with his grandmother (twice). We also spent an evening with his mom and dad. We ate dinner with my parents a couple of times and went by Marie's (my aunt) too. I think we visited family fairly equally this time.
Last week I laid out a little and got a little sun. For the last several days, however, it's just been too hot. I'm already feeling white again! I figure the sun isn't too good for the baby anyway.
Speaking of the baby, my mom got to feel her move last week. She was pretty excited about that. Also, I have a doctor's appointment on Monday. I'm 6 months and 1 day. Not too much longer to go! During this trip home, we bought a changing table, too. Frankie's mom is going to give us the crib she bought. I don't think we need any other pieces of furniture, except a chair for the nursery. I guess that will be my big project when we return to Louisville...getting the nursery ready.
One more piece of news to share: I started a new hobby. Scrapbooking. It's so much fun. I've been wanted to begin for several months, but have been unable to purchase supplies or find time to start. I also had not yet printed our pictures from Bulgaria, or even developed several rolls of film I had. This week, however, I got our prints from Bulgaria and bought a beginner's scrapbooking kit.
I've only completed 7 pages, but I think it's going well. And I'm really enjoying it! I love pictures anyway...and family history. What better way to incorporate both.