Thursday, July 20, 2006

Preparing to go back to KY

It's Thursday morning and Frankie is still in bed. I just told my mom bye and she left for work...weepy and sad, of course. I hate being 9 hours from my parents, but hopefully it's just temporary. Frankie said a long time ago that it wasn't wise for people to just have one child (if they can help it). I disagreed...not really seeing the big deal. Since marriage, I have come to really agree wholeheartedly. Parents and only children depend so much on each other. It really makes independence difficult. Also there is so much stress and worry because each knows the other is all they have.

It's been a great two weeks at home! I've enjoyed time away from Louisville and Munfordville. There's no place like home, truly. It's funny how much more comfortable people are around 'their people.' Around here I know everyone and can be myself and just relax. At the church, however, I'm always on pins and needles because the people don't really know me and I'm just seen as a small extension of Frankie. I guess when we go to a church together (actually really viewed as a couple) it will be much better. As it is, I really grow weary of the church. I do like so many of the people, it's just that I don't have any friends there. Oh well. What do you do?