Thursday, August 03, 2006

Youth

I haven't written in the last few days because Frankie & I had company. A young girl from the youth of our church wanted to spend the night with us...she stayed Sunday night- Wednesday. Needless to say, with a 14 year old, there wasn't much time for blogging. We did have fun though. We took her downtown Louisville and toured the Seminary. We spent a few hours in the recreation center playing ping pong and basketball. I felt a bit stupid myself...a fat pregnant woman on the basketball court, but it was still fun.
I also had the rare opportunity to see a different side of Frankie. I have been a little concerned as to how he is going to be as a father...especially of a daughter. He doesn't have much experience with children and his family isn't particularly touchy or lovey (verbally or with hugs and kisses). A couple of times he surprised me with the young girl, as far as being concerned. One night she fell asleep during a movie we were watching and when Frankie and I got to our bedroom he asked me if I was going to go take her glasses off. (She had fallen asleep with them on). I was impressed that he'd even pay attention to something like that. He also had the bright idea to cover the vents in the room she was in so she wouldn't get too cold. He was very aware of her comfort and sensitive to her needs. I was impressed. I think he'll be a great dad. Much better than most father's, I think.