Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Wednesday

We took Lydia Catherine to her two month check up yesterday and she seems to be doing great. She's 11.1 lbs, 22 1/4 in, which are both in the 50th percentile for her age. Everything else looked fine, as well. Our Pediatrician group is really great. Our pediatrian, James Hinkebein, is a wonderful doctor and convinced us to vaccinate Lydia. I thought it relevant that he vaccinated all six of his grandchildren on time. He is also very well informed about all the controversy surrounding vaccines and autism, SIDS, etc. After spending two days reading and researching myself, I think the benefits (to her as well as society as a whole) outweigh the risks. Dr. Hinkebein's opinion swayed me in the direction of vaccinating completely.
Lydia was vaccinated at 2pm. She has a total of three shots. The vaccines were mercury-free and the Pertussis vaccine was acellular. Before and after the shots were given, Frankie & I took her into the prayer room and had prayer for her. We are trusting God in this one obstacle...I'm sure we have so many more to go! Parenting is difficult!!! And she's only two months old!