Monday, January 08, 2007

Two Months Old

Lydia Catherine is two months old today! She's really growing and doing well...other than being a bit fussy from time to time, but I guess that's understandable and expected.
Frankie and I will take her to her two month check up tomorrow. We have decided to delay vaccinating her for now, but are still researching the pros and cons of this. This is such a difficult decision and we are praying that God will direct us in this. We have to ultimately remember that God is sovereign and He loves Lydia even more than we do. I guess all we can really do is research and make a well informed decision. I am not anti-vaccinating (at this point), but am leaning towards delaying vaccinations and spreading them out more. (Dr. Sears and Dr. Jay Gordon advocate this). The links to autism (from mercury in vaccines) and SIDS (MMR) and other neuro problems are quite scary.
Frankie and I were sick in SC for about two and a half weeks with a bad cough. We figured it was just a common cold and prayed Lydia wouldn't get sick. She had a small cough, but was mostly fine. Unfortunately our cough has returned! I suspect bronchitis, and I think it's best we just let it run its course. We pray that Lydia will remain healthy and strong!