Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas is over

Well, I cannot really say that things improved from my last post, but there wasn't a major disaster on Christmas day. We ended up going to Frankie's home church with my parents on Christmas Eve. A small crisis occured there when Frankie wanted to sit on the front pew and my parents had already sat at the mid-back of the church. The church is small and they were uncomfortable going to the front. Frankie then sat on the pew behind them. I was saved from having to choose where to sit and from feeling uncomfortable because Lydia began to cry and I left. After church we went back to my parents house for lunch. My dad didn't realize we were all eating together and he ate without us, which Frankie didn't like. Frankie was restless and wanted to go see his family so we went to Jefferson (where he's from). We spent the evening there. Lydia Catherine got extremely fussy...probably the worse I've seen her. Actually she probably is stressed because I am! We stayed there several hours. I ended up breaking down and giving her a little water to try to relieve the gas on her belly (it did work). So then we came back to my parents and went to bed. Christmas morning we got up and got ready and went to Frankie's Granny's house around 11am and had lunch then came back to my parents house around 2:30pm. We had another meal around 4pm and opened gifts here. Frankie acted like he wanted to go somewhere else, but by that time I was tired and ready for bed. My mom has this week off of work, but Frankie doesn't want to spend all our time here. Today we went to Frankie's parents house, then he wanted to go to Florence (an hour away) to go shopping. The baby has the worse diaper rash EVER. At home we use cloth diapers, but since being here and going so much I've used pampers constantly. Needless to say, her bottom is paying for that. Also I used some cheap wipes (instead of wash clothes like I usually use), which started the rash. Last night her butt looked burned, literally. It made me cry. So I'm refusing to use pampers now since she has that awful rash, which makes travel a little more difficult. Couple that with the fact that I'm tired and there will be massive crowds out on the day after Christmas...I just did not want to go shopping. So we came back to my parents house (his family was all working so there was no point in staying there). Lydia Catherine and I ended up sleeping for about 2 or 3 hours and Frankie left. I'm not sure where he went...he's actually not back yet. I feel guilty since I know he isn't happy. I never would have imagined Christmas being this difficult! Anyway, as Mary advised me to remember: "This too shall pass!..." That will be my new motto!!