Saturday, November 18, 2006

Saturday, November 18

It's Lydia Catherine's tenth day in the world. She's doing very well. On Wednesday night she started sleeping longer through the night. The first week she woke up every 1-2 hours. Since Wednesday, however, she's been sleeping about 2-4 hours between feedings. She is so precious and beautiful!
I'm a little amazed at how I feel about her. I mean, of course, I was excited at the thought of having a baby and I expected to love her. But I find myself not wanting to leave her in the bassinet when she's asleep, but wanting to hold her instead. Neither me nor Frankie can stand to hear her cry.
Frankie has also surprised me. So far he's been really great. He's changed several diapers (the first time he was pooped on and we got that on camera!). He also gets up almost every time I get up during the night. If I've had her awhile and he's here, he periodically comes and takes her from me. At night he's started (for the last couple of days) wanting her to fall asleep on his chest, then he puts her in the bassinet and tucks her in. It's cute. I think he'll be a great dad.