Friday, December 22, 2006

Terrible Days

I've not written lately because we have been in SC for the holiday season. We came a couple of weeks ago and are staying with my parents. This has definitely (thus far) been the worst Christmas season ever. My parents have been very unhappy with me and Frankie (for a variety of reasons ranging from him "taking" Lydia Catherine from my dad to put her to bed, to us changing the original Christmas schedule). I truly wish I was in Florida. I could totally skip Christmas this year. I have cried more in the last few days than throughout my entire pregnancy and postpartum time! The only thing that could possibly make this more miserable is if someone died. The worst part is it's not even Christmas yet so I imagine it will all get ever worse, if that's possible. I'm almost at wits end...truly. Could post-partum go on this long?
Frankie has asked when we're leaving to go back to KY. My mom wrote me a letter this morning telling me how hurt she and my dad were over several things.
If I wasn't breastfeeding on demand, I would just go off for the day and leave Frankie and family and even the baby here.
I imagine that this trip has taken years off my life because of the stress. I know that Christmas is about Christ but it's impossible to focus on Him these days.