Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thursday

I haven't been able to blog as much as I would like for two reasons. Of course, obviously the first is, Lydia Catherine. She's rearranged our schedules :) Also, Frankie has been finishing up his last work for the semester (he's finished with the difficult stuff as of 5pm tomorrow). He's been spending a lot of time in the library and often takes his computer with him.
Yesterday we took Lydia Catherine to church for the first time! We figured since it was a Wednesday night, there wouldn't be as many people and it would go smoothly (we hoped). I have been so fearful ever since finding out I was pregnant about people holding her. I have a lot of valid concerns (it's flu, RSV and cold season!, I've seen people do unwise things and she's a tiny newborn)! I've probably written this before, but I'll write it again. First, our pediatrician said we should not take her into an 'uncontrolled crowd' for two months. Basically no one should be around her that might hold her without washing their hands. The pediatrician was very upfront about the dangers of sickness and that it comes from germs spread through hand contact. Secondly, I witnessed someone in Frankie's family put her fingers in an infants mouth. (Unwashed fingers with long, nasty fingernails). I also witnessed someone put an infants fingers in their mouth. The last thing is on two separate cases with two different babies I witnessed (among family and a friend) old people holding the babies precariously. Both because they could not see, but the child's head was at an alarming angle. One old woman walked/stumbled with the child.
I cannot deal with this. The thoughts makes me almost hysterical.
Ok, so anyway, I prayed fervently and reminded myself over and over that God loves her more than I do and He is completely sovereign.