Friday, October 06, 2006

Friday, October 6

This week has been uneventful for the most part. It's fall break here at the seminary, but Frankie has been just as busy as usual with reading and working on papers. He had hoped to get slightly ahead in preparation for the baby, but I'm not sure if was successful. I sort of doubt it. The church had a shower for us on Sunday, which was very nice. We got more clothes (lots of sleepers and cute outfits), quite a few diapers (cloth and disposables), a couple of stuffed animals, and about $150. Monday I did laundry...with all the baby clothes I had about 6 loads! (Including our laundry from the week before). I didn't get it all put away until Wednesday! My feel, ankles and legs have been very swollen (but my blood pressure is fine). I've tried not to stay on my feet too much this week (that's basically my excuse for taking days to put away laundry) :)
So Tuesday we went to WalMart and I used the baby money to buy a piece that goes into the carseat and fits around the infants head. I also bought a carseat blanket. It's much like a fitted sheet and just fits all over the top of the carseat (with the exception of a small piece that flips up to leave an opening for the baby's head). It protects the baby from the elements (and hopefully will discourage people from picking the baby up constantly). I bought some Platex Vent Aire bottles and some vinyl pants (to cover the cloth diapers). There are still a few things I want, but I don't think there's anything else we really need. Family insists that I'll need a rocking chair, but so far we haven't gotten one. I don't know if I will or not. We'll see.
Wednesday we went to Munfordville. There were only about a dozen there. Thursday, yesterday, I had a dr's appt. I'm now seeing her weekly and having cervial exams (ugh)! So far everything looks good. The only additional preparation I have to do is choose a pediatrician, and finish packing my hospital bag.
My parents are planning on coming up here on October 27 (I'll be 38 weeks and 3 days). My dad will just stay the weekend and mom will stay until a couple of weeks after the baby is born. My dad will just drive back when I go into labor. I wish they could both stay up here for several weeks, but someone has to take care of my three dogs that I left at home! Also they can't both be off for a month!