Thursday, October 12, 2006

Another day

Yesterday we didn't go to church in Munfordville, but instead visited a nearby church (Clifton Baptist Church). Many seminary students attend the services there and the pastor is one of the NT prof's here at SBTS. The prayer meeting was pretty typical, and a missionary gave a presentation on Romania & Moldova.
I think we'll likely attend the serivces there if we aren't in Munfordville.
I have class in an hour and a half. I don't really feel like going, but I have a paper due and since I know I'll miss class time in the (near) future, I have to go.

Last night I slept on the couch, which is like the 4th or 5th time I've done so lately. I feel bad about it because I feel like I should be sleeping in bed with my husband, but I just cannot get comfortable these days. (And I feel guilty that I'm keeping him awake with my tossing and turning). I think I like the couch because I can lay comfortably on my side. Anyway, I slept well after moving to the couch.

Yesterday Frankie and I had a discussion about plans for Christmas. UGH...what a hassle it is when you marry and you attempt to rearrange tradition! With a new baby coming, we're trying to figure out how we want to arrange schedules, meals, visits to family, etc. I am absolutely selfish and want to spend every spare moment with my family. I know that's impossible and I won't be doing that, but it's what I want! So anyway, last Christmas was a mess, so we're really determined to do better this time and schedule in advance.
The problem, of course, is that he's used to being with one side of his family on Christmas Eve, his parents Christmas morning, and the other side of his family on Christmas afternoon. Obviously, that won't work. I, on the other hand, am used to doing almost exactly the same thing. Since my grandmother died we no longer spend Christmas Eve with my dad's family...also my dad's siblings have kids now so they have their private family gatherings. Anyway, with a newborn it's going to be difficult, but we decided to devote all day Christmas Eve to his family and Christmas day to my family. Since our families are an hour apart, it makes more sense to go somewhere and stay there versus driving back and forth for various meals (we'd spend more time driving than actually with family). Frankie's sister has twins that are about 6 months old, so I guess it's time for his parents, sister and brother to start their own traditions anyway. I guess that will be on Christmas Eve evening. The same is true for my parents since they will be grandparents!