Saturday, December 08, 2007

sickness all around

I think it started Wednesday when we visited a church here in Louisville. I took Lydia to the nursery (and stayed in there with her), where there were around 8 kids (1-2 year olds). Several of these kids had bad runny noses and coughs. I sanitized my hands several times, as well as Lydia's. I tried to guard her again putting anything in her mouth, but she's 13 months... oral stage.
So yesterday evening she had a little bit of a runny nose. She went to bed around 8pm, then was screaming out at 10pm... she yelled every 20 minutes until 1am. I gave her Benadryl and Motrin at midnight, but it didn't do much good. She just couldn't breathe! Around 4am I gave her some nose drops. It was a terrible night for all of us, especially her.
I have a scratchy throat and feel a bit lousy myself, but Lydia is just pitiful. Since we got up, she's been clingy and in my lap mostly. She's sneezed 3 or 4 times, sending COPIOUS amounts of thick snot everywhere! Man, I hate snot. It only makes me feel sick if it's someone else's... mine and Lydia's doesn't bother me. But I can't let her nose remain snotty for a second. In the last hour I've wiped her nose ten times and suctioned three times. Now her little nose it turning red.
:(
Anyway, I pray my baby is better by Monday.