Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Tues AM

Ok, so more on the events of yesterday. I went to the seminary clinic to have this mass checked out. The doctor there is a retired OBGYN (though not an old man, he now works at the seminary as a professor). Anyway, he tried to check out the lump with an ultrasound but it was the kind for pregnant women, so he couldn't tell anything. He said he thought it was just fluid filled (clogged milk duct), so he attempted to drain it by inserting a big needle. Afterwards, he said it didn't feel fluid filled when he stuck it. He gave orders to go to have a sonogram to tell if it's fluid or not. If not, they'll do a biopsy or just remove it.
The sonogram is at 1pm today.

I'm trying to teach Lydia sign language. The site/book I consulted to do this, said to teach 1 sign at a time. They suggest not introducing another sign until the baby does that first sign. I started with milk not quite a week ago. I would ask Lydia if she wanted "milk" then I'd do the sign. When I went to nurse her, I would again say "milk" and do the sign. Now she definitely knows both the sign and the word... when I do either, she turns toward the breast and pulls at my shirt. The problem is she doesn't yet "ask" for milk by signing. I guess I should wait for her to do this before doing something new.

Last Saturday night Lydia walked 17 steps across the bedroom floor! She's never walked so much. The most she has done was 3 steps. Then Sunday she took about 5 or 6 at a time. Yesterday was the same, 5 or 6 at a time, then she'd drop to the floor and crawl. Since Saturday I can definitely tell she's attempting to walk more.
She also is getting her two top teeth! She is going to look so odd with front teeth!