Friday, October 05, 2007

Friday Friday

There are several (somewhat random) things I'd like to blog about this morning (if I can do it before Lydia gets annoyed that I'm on the computer). First of all, regarding Lydia, I feel like since she's been sick she's regressed some. She didn't eat solids at all this week, but instead nursed like a newborn! The pediatrician said that was fine and she'd get all she needed like that. I hope he's right. Also, she hasn't babbled/talked, walked or played much. I know she just hasn't felt like it...the poor thing has been miserable. I guess she's 'catch up' and pick back up where she left off when she's back to normal. I'll just be glad when she's back to her demanding self.

Second, I had a thought yesterday. Frankie has gotten several responses from churches to the resumes he sent out a few months ago. In the process, he has actually been calling former pastors of the potential churches to get more information and learn more about the church. He had pretty much eliminated one particular church, but then after talking to the former pastors, he felt even more confident that this was not the church for us. So as he was on the phone with one of the former pastors and I was walking down the hallway, I happened to consider this: people interview former employers, interview potential physicians (we 'interviewed' pediatricians), former pastors when considering a church, teachers and schools.. but what about in the dating/courting/marriage process? We might 'interview' the candidate, but what about their past relationships. I think in a lot of circumstances, it would help. (Though not me, since Frankie didn't date).

Lydia's antsy... all I have time for! More later