Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Time

Having a few thoughts I wanted to share this morning.
Since Lydia Catherine was born, my daily routine of getting up, having coffee and quiet time with the Lord, then checking email, etc. has been changed...tremendously. I'm lucky to get coffee, and my daily devotion has been sporadic. Frankie and I also got really slack in doing a family devotion together. This week, however, we've scheduled our devotion time right before the baby goes to bed. It's a good "down time" for her and hopefully she'll start relating that time to going to bed...a tradition we can continue as she gets older. So Frankie and I are reading through Ephesians. He reads the first chapter aloud, then I read the first chapter aloud. We spend ten days on each chapter. We've only done this type of devotion through one entire book (Ruth) but after we finished, we felt we were really familiar with the book.
As for my own personal time with God, I've started getting up before Lydia to do that. The only problem is that sometimes when I get up she wakes up. I really want to do my devotions in the morning. Anyone have suggestions?
~~~~~
I recently got in contact with a friend from high school. Her dad passed away last Monday and it was such a reminder of how brief life on earth is.
Job 14: Man, who is born of woman,
Is short-lived and full of turmoil.
Like a flower he comes forth and withers
He also flees like a shadow and does not remain.
You also open Your eyes on him
And bring him into judgment with Yourself.
Who can make the clean out of the unclean?
No one!
Since his days are determined,
The number of his months is with You;
And his limits You have set so that he cannot pass.
~~~~~
Lydia is loving this weather! (70's-80's) I'm loving it, too! We've been strolling every day!