Tuesday, March 13, 2007

2 Days Til Grandma Arrives

My mom's coming to Louisville on Thursday to visit for a few days. She hasn't seen Lydia Catherine since the beginning of January (when she was 2 months old). I am excited for her to arrive! I just hope the baby cooperates and lets mom hold her and play with her. Otherwise I know she'll be disappointed. Of course, we both realize Lydia definitely has her own personality and there's no telling how she will react to anyone...we never know. To illustrate: A friend of mine comes over every Thursday evening to go to SWI. She has to be somewhat familiar to Lydia by now, but still each week Lydia screams when we start talking. As soon as we stop chatting, she's fine. She just doesn't like me talking to my friend...and she definitely doesn't like to hear my friend talk. My friend and her husband came over one night to have dinner with us and Lydia Catherine screamed uncontrollably(!) the ENTIRE time. When they left, she immediately stopped. It was pretty funny actually. So then last Friday a friend of Frankie's came over. He has never seen Lydia and Frankie and I both braced ourselves, ready to explain that she's not big on strangers. To our absolute amazement she just grinned at Tim and every so often, as he was talking she would just squeal and babble! She just stared at him and was even content a little while in her swing! (Between the three of us).
Also as church in Munfordville she tends to throw a fit if anyone comes too close to her, however, recently at an Asian Buffet, she let an Asian girl hold her! And as the girl was speaking in her quick, Asian language, Lydia actually laughed!
So it'll be interesting to see how she reacts to family!