Friday, March 30, 2007

Easter Dress

I bought Lydia Catherine an Easter dress from Ebay. Maybe it's a bit sad that her "first" Easter dress is a used dress ordered online, but it's what I wanted. I just hope it's going to be warm enough for her to wear it.
I love "old-fashioned" baby clothes...like simple cotten dresses that are hand-stitched. The dress I bought is a light green simple, cotten dress that will come beyond her knees. It is hand-stitched and so dainty! I love it. Best, it was $5.00! Hoorah!
I cringe at all the frilly, big, stiff "church dresses" that are made for infants. I just do not like the look, but more important they just seem so uncomfortable! I don't want to dress Lydia in something that feels like sandpaper on her delicate skin.
While on dislikes, I also intensely dislike headbands on little baby girls. They always leave an elastic mark around the head. And they seem so uncomfortable! As soon as I found out I was having a girl, I informed Frankie that she wouldn't wear headbands or bows (if she had hair) until she was old enough to let me know if it hurts! Well, Lydia Catherine was born with a headfull of hair and immediately many family members wanted to put bows and clips and headbands on her. Frankie graciously took the blame and told everyone he didn't like that. Now, they all lament to me that they know I wish I could put bows in her hair...it's too bad Frankie is so against bows and clips. One day I'll confess it's me that dislikes them (on infants).