Thursday, January 25, 2007

Thursday

Once again there has not been a chance to blog like I'd like to. I do, however, have a few things to write about. First of all, my spare time recently has been devoted to scrapbooking. I tried my hand at his several years ago (with very limited supplies) and found I did enjoy it. More recently (over the summer I believe) I started back again, finding pregnancy an ideal occasion to scrapbook. Since the arrival of Lydia Catherine, our camera flashes nonstop! To preserve these photos and journal her life thus far, I began scrapbooking again. So far I have completed several pages in her "infant book" (a book limited to the first three months).
Classes start Monday and I'm uncertain what I'm going to do. Frankie has classes on Wed & Thurs. Originally I was going to take one class and SWI and work part-time. There were three classes, however, that I needed and was interested in. So I ended up signing up for three classes and two SWI classes. Frankie suggested I not work since I was going to take so many classes. Our financial situation is so lousy though and I really feel like I could be making us more money! The problem, however, has been that I don't mind the idea of being gone for class (an hour each day) but the thought of being gone 8 HOURS two or three days is horrendous! I don't know how I will manage to be away from Lydia Catherine that long. Just the thought brings me to tears. She's so little and each day she does new things. I hate to miss a moment. But I know it would alleviate the financial stress if I work. I broke down and sent out three resumes (online at CareerBuilder). One employer emailed me asking for an interview tomorrow. I agreed, even though I don't know a thing about the company...it's a medical network and I don't really even know what that is. They are only looking for a part-time employee...two or three days a week. We'll see what happens tomorrow. As for classes, I will likely just take one class if I start working.
I don't know how Frankie will manage taking care of Lydia Catherine if I am working all day. I have only pumped about 20 ounces of milk, so I'll have to get busy with that. If the interview works out and we decide for me to go to work, I will likely delay starting until February 5 and take a week to pump (and invest in a nice pump!...the one I am using is halfbroken and a manual pump).