Saturday, October 14, 2006

old, fat, frumpy

This morning I'm sort of having a pity party. I don't know why...maybe hormones. I blame everything these days on hormones.
I'm just feeling so FAT and FRUMPY and OLD and UGH! My family isn't really helpful...in fact, I think they are making it worse. Here are a couple of examples:
A few days ago, my mom told me she bought me a new pair of pants that she'd bring when she comes up here in a couple of weeks. I said, "Oh, great...maternity pants or what?" She says, "No, these are for after the baby...their a size 8."
[So I was a size 8 in February when I got pregnant. But I'm confident I've not seen that size since May and equally confident I won't see that size again until next May!] I tell my mom that I won't be able to wear them for awhile and she replies, "Oh, yes you will. You aren't going to stay fat." My mom is about 5'10, 130 lbs. She's always been really slender and I'm sure the thought of me being/staying fat horrifies her. She's not very lenient with people who have 'weight problems.' Her solution is always: "Push yourself away from the table!"
The second situation was recently when Frankie & I were in a restaurant. We were waiting for our table and I got a little down thinking about aging. There were two old couples there and they were feeble and couldn't walk well. I just felt sad for them and thought that they may be in pain and/or that one may die soon and leave the other alone. So a few minutes passed and Frankie asked me what was wrong. My typical response (it's a girl thing, I guess), "Nothing." He persists, so I tell him..."I don't know...I guess just thought of getting old." He kind of snickers and and says to me, "No, it's probably because you're looking at all the thin, little waitresses and hostesses running around here." UNBELIEVABLE. I called him a horrible husband! Of course, after that I felt fat and frumpy!
I am eager to have this child and lose weight and feel like I'm in my body again, BUT I really have enjoyed being pregnant and of course, wouldn't change a thing! I'm just thankful pregnancy lasts 9 months...what if it lasted like 2 years or something!