Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A student again...again

I had a post sometime back with the title, "A student again."
This time I'm stepping up a bit more. Three classes in the MA program, two in SWI. Actually one of the MA classes is simple and isn't worth any credit hours, so it doesn't really count. The other two, however, are 3 credit hours and will be serious. I have about 12 books to read and book reviews as well as one research paper. Should be fun! The two classes I am taking are Introduction to Biblical Counseling and Gender, Marriage & Sexuality. Both classes seem like they are going to be very informative and interesting. Frankie suggested at lunch that I get serious about this degree and try to graduate when he does. I'm considering that. We'll see how this semester goes. If I decide to do that, I can take a class this summer and two or three in the fall, then january term. By then we may be leaving campus, so I'd have to take classes at extension centers or online. It may be doable though. We'll see.
Tonight a friend is coming over and we're going to listen to two prof's and their wives talk about adoption. I'm interested in hearing their stories. Frankie and I are considering starting the process for adopting a child, since it will likely take well over a year. I don't know if that's possible since some money is likely needed up front. Maybe it's at least possible to do the work and research about it all.