Sunday, June 22, 2008

Advice Needed

I desperately need some good, Godly advice on our current situation and tentative plans/thoughts. Frank & I are still in our apartment on-campus (designated for married couples without children). We are expecting our second child in October (our daughter is currently 19 months old). We are still at the church we've been at since marriage (he was pastor there before we married actually) and we definitely have to make a change soon (financially). So we are expecting/hoping to leave soon (particularly before the next baby arrives). Frank has sent out lots of resumes and he has finished his classes and tests in the PhD program (meaning he doesn't need to be on campus any longer).
OK, so I am an RN, but I've never really used that license. Here you have to work on Sundays to even get employment parttime in a hospital. I have been unable to find a pt job in a doctor's office. In SC, however, I was recently offered a job making my own schedule and getting paid very well. We don't have a problem going to SC (most of the resumes Frank sent out were to churches in SC). The issue is that I would be supporting the family (even though it's temporary). I have been all for it, up until this morning. Today it really hit me that it would be very difficult to leave my daughter for two or three days each week. Orientation would be three 8 hour shift (7-3pm) and then work would be two 12 hour shifts (7am-7pm). For most people, it's not a huge deal to leave a 19 month old. I mean, it's not like she's a newborn. But the thing is, I have been with her every single day for 19 months! Morning, noon, night.
Am I being too attached...or making her too dependent? Would it be better for her to spend those days bonding with dad and/or other family? Or is she still just too young for me to leave her two entire days)? I guess I should add that I would likely only be working from July until October (when the second baby is due) or until Frank is called to another church.