Sunday, January 22, 2006

Sunday morning

I shouldn't be posting this on the Lord's day, but I overslept and have to drink my morning cup of coffee. While I'm sipping, I figured I could quickly post. :) Well, today is my husband's 'work' day. The church he pastors, Leitchfield Crossing Baptist Church, is an hour from the school (SBTS). There is also a time change. They're on Central time. So we leave here at 9:30 (our time) and we get there at 9:30 (their time). The only down side of Sundays there is that we have to stay there all day long. So there is no chance to go home and nap, or change into something comfortable (I'm stuck in hose and a dress for over 12 hours!). Right after church we have lunch...usually people invite us to eat last minute. (Like as we're walking out the door, someone will ask "Got anyplace to eat, Preacher?") There aren't many places to eat in Munfordville, either. Occasionally someone cooks for us. That's gotten pretty rare though. So after dinner, either Frankie goes visiting with a guy in the church, or we go visiting together. Last week, for instance, Frankie and I went visiting at the hospital. We met 4 or 5 people. It was pretty enjoyable.
Then when 4 or 5pm comes, Frankie meets with the "Associate Pastor" to talk for an hour. Then there's the youth meeting for an hour. Then Sunday evening services start. We always stand around talking after church and sometimes pay folks a quick visit afterwards. We get home around midnight. So that's our Sunday's.