Wednesday, January 18, 2006

First Post

Ok, so this is my first post of my new blog. :)

This week my husband & I are in South Carolina. We're getting in one last visit before his classes resume at the end of the month. I dread the drive back to Kentucky already.

So we got "home" Tuesday around 2am. Last night we had dinner with my parents then watched a little tv. My parents are in bed by 9pm, so Frankie & I were left to find entertainment for ourselves. We managed.

At 10am Frankie woke me up with "someone's knocking on the door!" I staggered to the door, then searched the house over...no one was home. Since it's very windy here I realized he likely just heard something hit the roof. I went back to the bedroom and he was already fast asleep again. At that point at was wide awake, so I just stayed up...that was two hours ago. He's still asleep.
I don't know what the plan is for today. I'm sure he'll want to go see his family. He saw his dad yesterday...he drove over there, but I stayed here. I wish our families lived closer together. I know I shouldn't complain...they are only an hour apart! It could be much worse.

Anyway, his sister is pregnant with twin girls due at the end of March. I guess I'll be an aunt. That's so weird since I'm an only child.
Of course her being pregnant (and the fact that two of their cousins are also pregnant and the fact that I'm 26) has made me think about having kids. Is there ever an ideal time to do things?

I guess since this is my first entry, I just have much to talk about.
Life in Kentucky: I've been in Louisville 5 months now. I think I like it.
I love our apartment. Of course, I always wish it was bigger and that we had more money to buy more furniture and things. And I wish Frankie wasn't such a packrat. But overall it's good. After Christmas we moved his study into the guest bedroom. Now the small study is vacant. As of yet, we haven't put a bed or anything in there, but the plan is to make it into a guest bedroom (if a bed will even fit in there).

As for the church: Leitchfield Crossing Baptist Church in Munfordville, KY.
I think all the people are pretty supportive of Frankie. As far as I know, no one really opposes him or causes any problems. Everyone has been kind to me as well, so I suppose it couldn't be better for a new pastor's wife. He only makes around $1000 a month, but it's really all the church can afford. Of course, he'd never leave for more money and the church gives so much to missions since he's been there. I think it's the best place for now.