Thursday, January 19, 2006

New Day

Last night Frankie & I went to visit Pine View Baptist Church in Chesterfield, SC. It's the church we were married in and the pastor & his wife are good friends of ours. The service went well and afterwards we stood around chatting with members. One guy, a rather smart gentleman that used to be a missionary, was a vegetarian we'd heard. My husband asked him about his dieting habits and he proceeded to direct us to www.Hacres.com. He's on a biblical diet that consists of fruits and vegetables. He was on a diet for two years that consisted mainly of carrot juice. (ICK!) Anyway, we're going to attempt to follow some of the guidelines on the site: no meat, organic fruits & veggies, plenty of distilled water. I'm going to try to eliminate refined sugar from my diet altogether (though I'm presently drinking coffee with sugar...this is the last cup!). We're not certain if we're going to eliminate fish yet. The diet does, but since we're easing into it, we may continue to eat fish.

We've just gotten out of hand with our food! Frankie has gained 20-some lbs since May and I've gained about 13 since my wedding day...(of course I was nervous days before the wedding and didn't eat anything. I weighed myself before I put on my dress & was around 130.) Currently
I'm at an uncomfortable, disgusting, whopping 143.5lbs!

I feel so sluggish because of the extra weight and my clothes are so dreadfully tight! Anyway, we've been dieting since Jan 2 and Frankie has lost about 5lbs. I've only lost a couple.

We'll start on the veggie & fruit diet next week when we get to our place. Until then we'll try to eat healthy in SC!